Primary application Criteria
Proposals that do not meet all of these eight criteria will be disqualified.
1. You have to be a Member (Full and Affiliate) of Consumers International from developing countries (see OECD DAC List of ODA recipients).
2. Membership fees must be fully paid to the current year (including January to December 2019).
3. The proposal must address one of AFF and Consumers International’s priority areas (financial services, consumer justice and protection, food, digital, drugs and health). The report should show the actual results that have been achieved, not be a copy of the project plan. This can be in the format of text, photos of activities organised, a video. Links to project webpages may also be provided.
4. The project should be executed within one year.
5. The budget should be no more than €10,000.
6. The proposal should be clearly linked to one or more consumer rights - safety, information, choice, participation and representation, the satisfaction of basic needs, complaints and redress, consumer education, healthy living/working environment
7. Applicants must be free of unethical practices including financial and legal issues that may affect the organisation’s legal status or their continuing eligibility for Consumers International membership.
8. Overhead and indirect costs (i.e. venue, food, travel, staff and volunteer costs, etc) do not represent more than 40% of the budget.