Summit 2019 App Privacy Statement
Under data protection laws, Consumers International is required to provide you with certain information about who we are and how we use your personal data. It is important that you read this information before downloading the App.
By downloading this App, you consent to Consumers International processing your personal data in the ways set out in the App privacy statement. As part of the login process, the App will use the name, job title, organisation and email address which you provided when registering for the Summit 2019 event.
How you can withdraw consent
You can change your mind and withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
App Privacy Statement
At Consumers International, we are committed to treating your data with care and respect, and we will never sell or rent your personal data.
- Who we are;
- The third parties we work with; and
- How long we keep your information.
By using this App, you are giving Consumers International permission to process your personal data in the ways set out below:
- To allow you to log in securely to the App and enable us to verify that you are a Summit delegate (for example, the email you used when registering for this event will be the Username you use to log in the App)
- To allow us to transfer your name, email address, job title and organisation name from our event registration database (hosted by Cvent) to this App
- To enable you to display your public profile, add your personal details to the App attendee list and use the In-App messaging feature when it becomes available – we will only use your data in this way if you give us specific consent to do so*
- To enable you to personalise your event schedule and select which parallel sessions you wish to attend, once the My Schedule feature becomes available
- If you choose to complete a survey, quiz or submit a question to a speaker or moderator via the App
- If you choose to sync your social media accounts with the App, which allows you to follow activity on the #DigitalHive hashtag in your Activity Feed, share your own posts and like, retweet and reply to other delegates posts**
*You will be prompted to configure your privacy settings before logging in to the App for the first time. If you choose to make your profile public, your details will be added to our In-App attendees list when it is published. You can edit your privacy settings at any time using the My Profile feature, or the cog icon in the top right of your App feature menu.
**If you sync your social media accounts with the App, you will be in full control of how you use this feature – the App will not automatically post information on your accounts and Consumers International will not make posts on your behalf. We will only be able to view anonymised data that provides an overview of how frequently this feature is being used.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.