Take our financial services e-learning course
04 Jun 2014
CI is launching a pilot e-learning course to give consumer advocates the tools to influence national financial services policies.
It will explain:
- Why are financial services important to all consumers?
- How can national financial services providers better meet consumers’ needs?
- How can consumer advocates to influence consumer protection measures in financial services?
Registration for this course has now closed.
Launching on Wednesday 18 June at 12.00am BST, our basic financial services e-learning course will cover a series of five, one-hour webinar sessions giving consumer rights advocates the knowledge and confidence to use and influence financial services policies and practices at the national level.
CI's financial services expert Nicola O'Reilly has blogged about this course and why CI believes this is a crucial step for the consumer movement.
Each session will cover a range of topics through interactive tutorials, real life examples, weekly challenges for participants and Q&A sessions.
This course is essential for consumer rights advocates who:
- Have experience of consumer protection legislation and be looking to learn how to apply this to financial services
- Be interested in understanding how consumer advocacy can support stronger financial consumer protection.
The course is free to staff of CI Members and Supporters.
We have partnered with the SMART CAMPAIGN to deliver this course which is based on their “client protection principles”. Participants who complete the course can expect to earn a certificate of completion. This will give you the confidence and credibility to effectively serve and protect consumers.
Supporting materials will be provided to download well ahead of the sessions. You will need to have a reliable internet connection to participate in the course.
comments powered by
Stay across the big issues in the global consumer movement. Sign up now